- Managing Director Derg Developments Ltd.
- and Derg Line Cruisers Ltd
- Chairman: Foynes Flying Boat Museum.
- Helicopter Editor Flying in Ireland magazine.
- Irish Motoring Writers Association.
- Irish Helicopter Owners and Pilots Association.
- International Fellowship of Flying Rotarians.
- Limerick/Shannon Rotary Club.
- Jaguar Drivers Club.
- Ferrari Owners Club.
Brian started his career in family insurance brokerage business before changing to marine activities. Now semi-retired but continues operation of motor yachts for charter Internationally.
Life long involvement in motor sport. First raced at Phoenix Park in 1962 eventually leading to a successful campaign in International Formula 2 in the early 1970’s racing at most of the top circuits around the world. Mostly now involved in classic/historic cars and events was inveigled out of retirement (for the third time !) to co-drive a Lotus 2-Eleven in 2008 finishing third in class in European Championship.
Other interest is aviation, first learing to fly at Coonagh, Limerick in the mid 1960’s. Owned two seaplanes before switching to Helicopters now flying a Robinson R44.
Favorite motto: Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional.